This Video is about ” What are Company Secretary Courses” By Anchor Ipshita.
Visit http://www.freshersworld.com?src=Youtube for Job openings through out india
Company Secretary Courses offered by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or ICSI provide an opportunity for aspiring candidates to realise their dream of a lucrative career in the corporate world. Also, ICSI is the only recognised institute that offers CS courses in India.
An essential and a very important part of any corporate setup, qualified company secretaries are much sought after by public and private companies because of the specialised nature of the job. The role of a company secretary is multifarious in nature, with them acting variously as:
• A legal expert in Company Law related matters.
• A compliance officer on regulatory guidelines.
• An advisor to the board of directors regarding the best corporate governance practices.
• An executor of the decisions made by the Board of Directors regarding administrative and strategic management.
• A record keeper of various statutory registers that should be maintained by the company.
• An organiser of board meetings, annual general body meetings (AGMs), etc.
Skill Sets Required
Since a company secretary act as the backbone of the administrative setup of an organisation, s/he should have:
• Absolute dedication to the profession
• Expertise in all matters regarding the functioning of a company
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Mastery over the art of communication
• A voracious desire to update his/her knowledge as per changing trends and rules that regulate the functioning of Companies
As per Section 383A of the Companies Act 1956, any company with a paid-up share capital of more than INR 5 crores should employ a full-time company secretary and also any company seeking the listing on the stock exchange should do the same. A qualified company secretary is eligible for recruitment from Grade I to Grade IV in the accounts branch of the Indian Company Law Service (ICLS).
Also, any company with a paid-up capital of more than INR 10 lacs should engage the services of a company secretary as a full-time practice to obtain a compliance certificate. It is also the duty of company secretaries to appear on behalf of clients in various quasi-judicial authorities like tax tribunals and various company law boards
The future growth prospects for company secretaries are also very robust with many making it up to the top of organisations by serving on the board of directors and also occupying the chair of the managing director and chairman.
For more jobs & career information and daily job alerts, subscribe to our channel and support us. You can also install our Mobile app for govt jobs for getting regular notifications on your mobile.
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 job portal for freshers jobs in India.
Check Out website for more Jobs & Careers.
***Disclaimer: This is just a career guidance video for fresher candidates. The name, logo and properties mentioned in the video are proprietary property of the respective companies. The career and job information mentioned are an indicative generalised information. In no way Freshersworld.com, indulges into direct or indirect recruitment process of the respective companies.