This video is a complete guide to mutual funds for beginners and students starting out in 2021! Here’s everything you need to know about how to invest in mutual funds, UITFs, or ETFs in the Philippines.
I’ll be explaining what mutual funds are and how it differs from Unit Investment Trust Funds (UITFs) and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). We’ll discuss how you make money by investing in these funds. I’ll also be covering the pros and cons of investing in these funds, as well different types of funds out there, such as index funds, bond funds, equity funds, etc. I’ll share some platforms where you can start investing on, as well as what funds I’m currently investing in.
Mutual Funds are the perfect investment for both students and beginners because you can invest with little money. For just 1,000 to 5,000 pesos, you can already start investing in the funds that I’ll be mentioning in the video. You also get the benefit of diversification, which is important in managing your risks when investing.
The Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) is the only index available in the Philippines. It tracks the performance of the top 30 companies, which includes Jollibee, SM, Meralco, Ayala Land, and more. By investing in index funds, you money is immediately diversified among these companies.
Besides mutual funds and uitf investments, you can also invest in an Index ETF to benefit from the lowest management fees. The only ETF available for now is the First Metro Securities ETF (FMETF), which is traded on the stock exchange.
➜ Col Financial: https://www.colfinancial.com
➜ First Metro Securities Mutual Fund: https://www.firstmetrosec.com.ph/fmsec/45-FundsMart
➜ Seedbox: https://www.seedbox.ph/
As much as I preach how important taking action is, this is a gentle reminder to assess your risk appetite first and determine your financial goals before investing! A golden rule when it comes to investing is to only invest what you can afford to lose. There are actual risks to investing, so always be mindful of it ❤️
➜ Enjoy your free money 💰⬇️
🏦 Banks & E-Wallets
– Unionbank PlayEveryday: Use “UBNOW-NA0920016” to get 300 PlayPoints
– Tonik: Get ₱60 with “T42BHJL” when you sign-up, verify, and top-up
– GCash: Get ₱50 https://bit.ly/2ZyrLWy – sign-up, verify, and cash-in to
– PayMaya: Get Php100 when you use “2Y817PZMN84O” or sign up and verify at https://bit.ly/2ZzVjTs
🚀 Crypto Platforms
– Crypto.com: Get $25 in CRO when you sign-up at https://crypto.com/app/nicolealba or use my code “nicolealba” 😁
– BlockFi: Get $10 in Bitcoin when you sign-up at https://bit.ly/3jWct5a and deposit at least $100
– Celsius: Get $50 in Bitcoin when you sign-up at https://bit.ly/30luMcO or use code “119827e588” and deposit at least $400
– Binance: Sign-up and get 10% discount on fees https://bit.ly/Nicole-Binance or use code “YBY3MNM9”
– PDAX: Use “nicole” to get ₱30 when you deposit a minimum of ₱1,000
💵 More Cash
– GoTrade: Use invite code “157655” to Invest in US Stocks and ETFs for as low as $1
– ShopBack: Get ₱100 at http://bit.ly/nicoleshopback
[ The links above are affiliate codes/links and I may get a reward at no additional cost to you if you use them 💙 ]
✅WHAT TO WATCH NEXT
➜ 🤑 Best High Interest Savings Account Philippines: https://youtu.be/Z9_E2KsUx1M
➜ 📈 What I Invest in as a 20-year-old College Student: https://youtu.be/qacSsgRXEng
➜ What to do with (your future) ₱100,000: https://youtu.be/m7MwGefQfp8
➜ Personal Finance 101: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwqQI-ekEAiOJV42m_nPzPmusgIZ3zpLs
💳 Apply for Citibank Credit Cards
– Rewards https://bit.ly/3upS68U
– Simplicity+ https://bit.ly/3Gq9Ao7
– Cash Back – https://bit.ly/3uxoGpk
🍞Join our Discord Server: https://discord.gg/breadfam
🍞 Get BreadFam Merch: https://bit.ly/shopbreadfam
👍 Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/alba.nicoleee
☕ Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/albanicoleee
00:00 Intro, Featured Comments
02:51 What are Mutual Funds, UITFs, and ETFs
04:39 Mutual Funds vs Unit Investment Trust Funds (UITF)
05:16 How do you make money?
06:10 Pros and Cons of Mutual Funds and UITFs
09:40 Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
10:38 Types or Kinds of Mutual Funds and UITFs
17:15 Where to Invest in Mutual Funds
18:58 What Funds I Invest In and Why
Send this video to your homies so you guys can benefit from managing your finances together! SUBSCRIBE for more videos like this! I post one video a week and I talk about personal finance, self-development, or anything I learn or experience throughout my life as a 20-year-old.
➜ My Blog: Wow I Made This https://wowimadethis.com/
Easy Guide to Investing in Mutual Funds for Students and Beginners in the Philippines 2020
How to Invest In Mutual Funds Philippines 2020
Investing for Students Philippines
Paano mag invest sa mutual funds