7 BEST Last Minute Interview Tips and Tricks! | How to PASS your Next Job Interview! By Richard McMunn of:
#interviewtips #jobinterviews #interviewquestions
HERE’S WHAT IS COVERED IN THIS TUTORIAL
– The best way to prepare for an interview if you have very little time left available!
– 7 important last-minute interview tips to help you STANDOUT during your job interview.
– I will tell you WHAT TO SAY at your interview to PASS!
– FURTHER RESOURCES to help you SUCCEED!
LAST MINUTE INTERVIEW TIPS #1 01:17
– Read the company’s website and look at the ABOUT US page.
– When did the company start and what do they do?
– Have they won any awards or been recognized for anything of significance.
When they say to you: “What do you know about our company?” you will be able to answer the question with confidence.
LAST MINUTE INTERVIEW TIPS #2 02:20
– Look for keywords from the job advert and use them in your answers!
– The job advert will provide a description of the duties and responsibilities the successful candidate will need in the role.
LAST MINUTE INTERVIEW TIPS #3 03:27
– Have your answer to “Tell me about yourself” already prepared!
– The first interview question you will have to answer is, “Tell me about yourself.”
– Use the S.E.T format for answering this first interview question:
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE
– If you can answer this question well, it SETS you up with confidence for the rest of your interview!
LAST MINUTE INTERVIEW TIPS #4 05:31
– Write down your strengths and weaknesses!
Resilient and confident.
Able to work under pressure.
Flexible & adaptable.
Adaptable to change.
Trustworthy & honest.
Fear of public speaking.
Giving feedback to others.
Focus too much on details.
Always trying to please everyone.
Can’t say “no”.
Not aware of your full potential.
Lack of confidence in certain situations.
LAST MINUTE INTERVIEW TIPS #5 08:41
What’s your greatest achievement so far?
– Knowing your greatest achievement(s) gives you something positive to talk about!
– It also allows you to answer the interview question “What’s your greatest achievement?” if it comes up.
LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS:
#1. Helping your team win an important contract for your employer.
#2. Suggesting a change to working procedures or policies that improves efficiency at work.
#3. Working on a challenging project at work that ended up being a huge success.
#4. Winning awards at work or being recognized by your boss for outstanding work.
#5. Helping the organization increase sales.
#6. A workplace charity event that raised money for good causes.
LAST MINUTE INTERVIEW TIPS #6 10:12
Be positive and avoid any negative talk!
– Smile during your interview!
– Do not be negative about co-workers or your boss.
– Remember, they are looking to hire someone who can make a positive difference to their team!
LAST MINUTE INTERVIEW TIPS #7 11:58
Think of 3 smart questions to ask at the end of your interview?
Q1. What advice would you give to the successful candidate who wants to do a good job in the role?
Q2. What’s the culture like in the organization?
Q3. What are the plans for the company over the next 5 years?
Q4. What would you need me to concentrate on in the first 30 days of starting in the role?
Q5. What, if anything, has frustrated you about people who have held this position previously?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT INTERVIEWS:
Q1. How early should I arrive for my interview? 14:20
If the interview is face-to-face or in person, aim to arrive at the interview venue 20 minutes before.
If the interview is online, logon 10 minutes before the start of your interview.
Q2. What should I wear to my interview? 15:00
What you wear to an interview says a lot about you and your intentions.
Regardless of the job you are applying for, wear a smart outfit that is clean and presentable.
Q3. How many questions will the interviewer ask me? 15:33
The number of questions you will need to answer will normally be between 8 and 12.
Q4. How will I be assessed during my job interview? 15:54
You will be assessed against the job description, so make sure you read it and familiarize yourself with its contents!
Q5. What should I do if I cannot answer an interview question? 16:12
If you can’t answer an interview question, you have three options:
#1. Ask to come back to the question later on.
#2. Be honest and say you do not know!
#3. Tell them you will get back to them with the answer once the interview is over.
CONNECT WITH RICHARD MCMUNN ON LINKEDIN.COM:
DOWNLOAD THESE SLIDES + 21 GREAT ANSWERS TO INTERVIEW QUESTIONS IN A PDF GUIDE: